Thursday, June 24, 2010

Goodbye Ottawa

In sixteen days I will no longer be a resident of Ontario, it feels very strange to be honest. It has been about 10 and a half years since I moved to the Ottawa valley from Calgary Alberta. I have some fond memories of living here, though at times I wished I never set foot in this city.

I was 19 when I moved. Everything was scary, new and overwhelming. I had never lived on my own before, my parents lived an hour away and I knew no one in this city.



I rented a room in New Edenborough, with this crazy woman, her son and two other students. The kitchen area was beyond tiny, bathroom equally claustrophobic and my room was a freezer. I could not be on the phone past 10 or looney toons would come down stairs and yell at me , nor could I have anyone over. Let me say my stay there did not last long...I was out three months later.

I have had my fair share of crazy roommates and thieving landlords.All in all, it has been a learning experience.
I've also had my first relationship here, first job, first car, first heart break, I can go on and on.

I guess moving back to Quebec is not such a big deal since I was born in the province, but I'm not looking forward to having to switch over everything(licence, health card). Also the pain of having to try to find a doctor, I'm hoping my doctor in Ontario will agree to keep seeing me.

Pros: A three story condo for the price of a shit hole apartment in Ottawa, more selection of food in the supermarket, cheaper car insurance, cheaper child care(when I do have a child)
Cons: Lack of physicians, poor health care system, taxes, higher gas prices, lingering separatists.


Anyways, Happy St Jean Baptiste Day!




No comments:

Post a Comment