Thursday, July 1, 2010

Happy Canada Day...week prior and this week

Today I'm just taking it easy. I did the first coat on my friend's baby room and depending on how quickly the paint dry's I may do another coat.

Last night I finally signed the last of the mortgage papers at the La Caisse, next week I see the Notary. Nine more days, it seems so surreal. I have never really had my own place, something that is all my own. No more landlords, people telling me what I can and cannot do. If i want to leave a god damn plate on the counter for 5 days I can!!!!

The week prior

Weekend was fun. I met with Olga, Christine, Gordon, Paul and Serge. We headed to Lac Leamy park for a full moon ritual. For those who do not know me, I'm eclectic spiritually and open to trying new things. It has been a while since I've hung out with my light worker friends and it felt wonderful to re connect. Olga has moved to Gatineau, so I have a friend another friend on the Quebec side to hang out with, I plan on having a girl's night once I settle in.
Prior to meeting with friends I spent the day with my parents, bought some tile for the shower and some new vinyl floors for the kitchen an entrance(I'm figuring this will not be my"forever home" so I won't spend to much to much on my first home).
I'm deviating again, back to Saturday night. I had a good time, a bit angry with with one situation. I'm an animal rights advocate, I believe all living creatures should be protected and humans should respect their place on this planet. It is due to our greed that devastating enviromental diasters occur, yet do we even learn from these tragedies?

I believe parents should teach their children to be kind to animals and other living things, sadly this is not always the case.

I had to "parent" someone elses' child, yelling at the kid who was going to smack a baby raccoon with a stick. Of course the parents just sat there, on their asses doing nothing as their hyperactive children threw sticks at the baby raccoons, not even acknowledging that this could be dangerous for their child and for the animal....arghhhh.

After being eaten alive by mosquitoes, we went to La Station for diner....disgusting. I wasn't hungry to begin with so I decided on a salad..... I didn't anticipate a bug in my diner. I got charged of course, you live and you learn.

Sunday was rainy and dull. Nothing much more to say.

This week
Work is getting better....well not the amount of work, but I can tolerate the position a bit more.

Aside from that...I'm getting bored typing this and I'm sure this post is painfully drudging on, so I'm done.

No comments:

Post a Comment