Friday, July 23, 2010

The game of dating

I can't explain why the whole concept of dating is actually so very unappealing, obviously just ending a 6 year relationship is one of the biggest contributing factors.....other then that I'm just not in the mind set to even care.
Yes I get lonely at times, I also envy other people who are in relationships, but at this current point in my life I just can't see myself opening up to another individual. Perhaps I'm apprehensive(justly so) and just slightly bitter. I'm not one to think all men are "pigs", but with my track record I have a hard time convincing myself that there are "decent " men out there. I also let my ego(such a pain in the ass) tell me that I'm not good enough at this current point, that all men have a certain body image in mind when meeting someone new and that I'm far to "fat" to enter the dating field.

Now if ever ready to jump back into the scene, where do you begin? Do you try the online dating, such as POF? spend some bucks and try E Harmony?
Perhaps rely on friends? unfortunately my friends don't know any single men my age...seriously that is a bit dis heartening. This is one of the things I feared when I got older, why I resent staying in dead end relationship for so long. It seems like the older I got, my confidence that I could find someone would dwindle. Of course many would say I'm over re-acting, perhaps the single life is not as bad as it seems and the right guy will come along.

I have to convince myself that there is some truth in that. If i learn to care about me, be happy with who I'm i will attract the man for me....yeah it sounds a like a bunch of BS right now, but everything takes time.
I have to dig down deep and find the person i used to be, dust that part of me off and tell them to get their act in gear. Get in shape for me, get out and meet new people.

This is the first step on a long uncertain road, can't wait to get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment