Saturday, July 24, 2010

YUCK, YUCK YUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK i've failed as a home owner this week. Ottawa and Gatineau implemented the green and brown bin program for organic waste(fruits, vegetables, egg shells etc), we got the bin Wednesday. I've probably have 10 or so waste bags from the move, alot of food(from the various people staying here) and alot of recycling. Garbage is only picked up Monday, unfortunately I had a full bag of trash on Wednesday. I put the bag out on my patio and the absent minded idiot that I was, left it out all night. Of course the bag was attacked, I cleaned up the mess and put the trash in my big black bin. Fast forward to today, I open to bin to add some more trash..MAGGOTS!....slimy wormy larvae everywhere. There is no way I'm even going to attempt to pull the bags out, shake the bin and wash it.

Some people suggested salt, I emptied the entire box and nothing! then just squirm over it. I buy javex, then I think to myself...perhaps mixing the two is not a good idea. So tomorrow I will get some raid, spray the crap out of the bin and hope by Monday morning the garbage and the maggots will be gone.
If I could I would just take some lighter fluid and just set all the trash (bugs included) on fire.
Now I'm terrified about the green bins with this hot and humid weather. I'm also (since I'm already on a rant) done with the mutated spiders and moths who invade my front and back door each night. I get bombarded by the moths when I leave the house and when I enter. The spiders build massive webs, I wake up to sheets of dead moths.

Bring on the fall, I'm done with this summer

No comments:

Post a Comment